The Primal Lifter website exists to help you build muscle and strength. It will provide you with the necessary tools to reach your goals in the fastest amount of time possible. This site does not exist to sell you an e-book or supplement line, nor do we have any other secret agenda. Primal Lifter is also not affiliated with any Muscle Magazine.
The man behind the curtain at Primal Lifter is Steve Shaw. Steve began training in 1986, and started his journey as a typical skinny-fat, small-boned hardgainer. He is neither a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter, but rather considers himself a recreational lifter with a passion for the iron.
Using the recommended methods provided on Primal Lifter, Steve Shaw has achieved the following (without steroids or powerlifting gear):
- 430 pound bench press.
- 500 pound squat.
- 585 pound deadlift.
- 495 pounds x 8 reps with a trap bar deadlift.
- 275 pound strict seated behind the neck press.
- Seated overhead dumbbell presses with 120 pound dumbbells.
- 765 pound rack deadlift.
- 700 pounds x 5 reps on power shrugs.
- 315 pounds x 5 reps Pendlay rows.
- 240 pounds x 10 reps one arm dumbbell rows.
- 18 inch arms.
- 30 inch legs.
(I have videos of many on these lifts on Youtube if you would like to see them.)
The Primal Lifter Approach
Just what is the Primal Lifter approach? Primal Lifter focuses on the following principles in helping you maximize muscle and strength gains:
- Persistence. Don’t miss scheduled workouts.
- Progression. Push yourself on every set for more reps and weight when possible.
- Basics. Stick to the most effective basic heavy compound exercises.
- Simplicity. Don’t turn muscle and strength building into rocket science.
- Nutrition. Solid training with a poor eating approach is a recipe for failure.
Steve Shaw and Primal Lifter will not present you with the following:
- Elaborate Splits. 90% of lifters need only hard work on basics exercises to exceed their goals.
- Buffet Training. Picking and choosing exercises without a purpose minimizes results.
- Complication. You do not dive into the deep end of the pool before you know how to swim.
- Magazine Nonsense. You will not be required to bomb, blast and blitz a muscle from 72 angles using 99 different exercises.
- Unrealistic Expectations. Just what can a natural trainee expect to achieve without steroids? You will find out!
Join The Community
Primal Lifter is much more than a resource. It is also a community. Have questions? Need motivation or inspiration? Have special needs? Join the Muscle and Brawn community today. Muscle and Brawn is partnered with the Primal lifter website.